Duncan Road Church
Monday, May 20, 2013
Church Constitution excerpt
This body shall be known as the Duncan Road Church of Blue Springs, located at 430 NE Duncan Road, Blue Springs, Missouri 64014.
Our objective is to be a dynamic spiritual organism empowered by the Holy Spirit whose purpose is:
· to evangelize persons in our community and our world;
· to worship privately and publicly the living God;
· to experience fellowship with God and one another;
· to educate in a scriptural knowledge of God and man;
· to minister unselfishly to persons in our community and world in Jesus’ name, acknowledging the lordship of Jesus Christ for our lives, personalities, and possessions.
III. Statement of Basic Beliefs
We affirm the Holy Bible as the inspired Word of God and the basis of our beliefs:
We believe in individual and corporate growth through prayer, Bible Study, fellowship, and obedience to the Word. We voluntarily band ourselves together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ personally committed to sharing the good news of salvation to lost mankind.
IV. Church Covenant
We, having received Christ as Lord and Savior and, on the profession of our faith, having been baptized by immersion in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit do covenant with this body of believers to strive to love the Lord our God with heart, soul, and mind; to walk in the fullness of the Holy Spirit; to love our neighbor as ourselves; and to stand against the Devil and his devices, all in accordance to the teaching of the Holy Bible.